Our Commitment to Privacy
We collect two types of information:
1. Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
2. Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you personalize a Site, volunteer, request information, or donate, for example, we may collect the following information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry.
Personal information may be needed for certain optional online activities:
Registration: If you choose to customize the Web site to your needs by becoming a registered www.worldwar2salute.org Web user, we retain the preferences you select so that you will not have to reenter the information each time you access our Web site. These preferences may include requests for email, news, and interest group selections (sponsor, partner, organization, institution, volunteer). You can access your profile by entering your user name and password each time you use the Web site. You are not required, however, to enter your name or mailing address.
If you register to participate in an SFS event, using our event registration site, we may ask you about your organization affiliation. This information is useful for event purposes. Further, if you elect to use our referral service to inform a friend about the event registration site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and address. We will store this information in order to send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site.
Contributions: If you choose to donate to our organization, we maintain a record of your contribution. Your financial information will be treated as “for internal use only”.
Merchandise orders: If you choose to order merchandise, we collect standard credit card information (card number, card type, expiration date) and keep a record of your financial transaction. Credit card numbers are held only until the charge can be processed (usually several minutes), then the number is only available to Administration for purposes of problem resolution.
Public Forums: If you choose to participate in a chat room, discussion board, news group or another public forum that we make available to our users, please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding whether or not to disclose your personal information.
Letter to Congress: If you choose to generate an email to your Congressional representative on our site, we receive a blind copy of the email. We may use your letter or information from your letter to further educate Members of Congress about our SFS advocacy priorities.
We limit the use of information provided to us on our Site to the following:
1. If you do not make a service request, donation, purchase, or otherwise identify yourself, we will have no personally identifiable information about you. We will only use aggregate information derived, in part, from your use of our site to improve our site and our service to you.
2. If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our constituent database and contact you in order to:
1. Complete voluntary surveys seeking feedback for quality and service improvement purposes.
2. Supply you with information including SFS related health, SFS programs, events and services.
3. Request voluntary time or monetary contributions to SFS.
4. Request your participation in an SFS research study.
3. We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate SFS individual for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see (2) above).
Your information is privileged and confidential and will not be shared or released to any organization or business entity other than those affiliated with or working in conjunction with SFS follows:
1. We occasionally make our constituent names and postal addresses available to other reputable non-profit organizations. We have found this to be the most cost-effective method of increasing our database of potential constituents and hope that you value the information they send you. Your name is only available to these carefully screened organizations for a limited time and it is de-identified, such that it is not associated with SFS. Other organizations will not have continued access to your name and address unless you choose to respond to their initial mailing. We do not share email addresses or data.
2. We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and prohibit them from using that information for any other purpose.
3. We have relationships with companies that conduct charitable sales promotions and commercial co-ventures that support us in our mission and activities. If you provide us with your mailing address, we may pass your contact information to these companies so that they may ask you if you are interested in receiving their services. Your choice to use their services will benefit us; the amount of money we receive from these entities as a result of your participation is disclosed at the time you are contacted about the service. You are under no obligation to respond and the companies are restricted from using your contact information for any other purpose.
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
1. Do not contact me by telephone.
2. Do not contact me by postal mail.
3. Do not contact me by email.
4. Do not share my contact information with other non-profit organizations.
5. Do not contact me with fundraising requests supporting SFS.
6. Do not contact me.
For more information on how to inform us of any desired restrictions, please click on the following link: Contact Us. If you contact us with an opt-out request, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future. If you do not wish to opt out at this time, you may do so at a later date should you so desire.
If you opt back into a specific service, you will receive communication in that manner, regardless of your overall opt out selections. These services may include newsletter subscriptions or email communication by asking a question using “Contact Us.”
Upon request, we will provide you with the information we maintain about you so that you may request corrections. This information will be sent via postal mail, which we believe is the most secure method of communication. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
Security and Privacy Requests
C/O Morris Kahn, Board Member
1000 N. Rampart St.
New Orleans, LA 70116
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and to honoring your choices for its intended use. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards.
We process your financial transactions securely using the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard ("PCI DSS") (the credit card industry's most stringent security standard). Examples of our security measures include: physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; sophisticated security monitoring tools; documented security policies; use of strong encryption (e.g., SSL) for transmissions of Order Information to and from our credit card processor; restricted access of personally identifiable information; and, periodic security audits.
Inside SFS, data is stored in password-controlled servers. Our staff and volunteers are educated about the importance of safeguarding your information and we are committed to holding them accountable for protecting your confidentiality. However, such precautions do not guarantee Site is invulnerable to all security breaks. SFS makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that the use of our Site is protected from viruses, security threats, or other vulnerabilities and that your information will always be secure.
Whenever SFS permits an external third party to access personally-identifiable information, appropriate procedures are followed to help ensure that the information is used only for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with the choices SFS constituents have made under this statement, and that the security, integrity and privacy of the information is maintained. While SFS will employ procedures to help ensure that your information is only used for authorized purposes as described above, we cannot make any guarantees with respect to the actions or policies of such third parties.
Links Within Our Site
Because of the various programs and services at SFS, there are several privacy notices to inform our constituents of policies specific to the activity in which they are participating.
Our privacy policies apply only to your use of an SFS Site. The www.worldwar2salute.org website contains links to other sites, including sites that have a special relationship with us. We do not disclose personably identifiable information to those operating linked sites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those websites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.
Security and Privacy Requests
C/O Morris Kahn, Board Member
1000 N. Rampart St.
New Orleans, LA 70116
We reserve the right to update this policy at any time. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised policy.
Last update June 29, 2017